The Healing Nature of Light
First developed over 30 years ago, phototherapy uses a specific type of light to penetrate the skin’s surface and underlying tissues to stimulate the body’s natural repair processes. The result is faster healing and reduced pain, swelling and inflammation.
Georgian Dental is dedicated to improving quality of life for those who experience pain, dental injuries, post surgical rehabilitative conditions, increasing the speed orthodontic (braces) results, and quality of dental implant integration. Georgian Dental offers natural, effective, non-invasive, drug-free phototherapy solutions. Applying light produced by low level laser and superluminous diodes, triggers normal cellular functions that lead to faster wound healing, pain relief and accelerated functional recovery.
Phototherapy has been used successfully to treat athletic injuries, acute & chronic conditions, repetitive strain disorders, tissue healing and much more. By providing the extra energy required for healing, the tissue is able to heal itself naturally. This innovative therapeutic alternative may also eliminate the need for painful, debilitating surgeries and drug therapies so often accompanied by harmful side effects.
Exploring the Healing Effects of Phototherapy
Phototherapy exposes the cells of the body to light, and particular wavelengths of light are able to produce photochemical reactions, stimulating the cells of the body into producing more energy. This increase in energy levels allows the cells to work more effectively in properly balancing the cellular components, so that the cells can function properly. The laser light functions as biochemical energy and improves the efficiency of the body’s healing capabilities. The result is that the body is able to heal itself faster.
Some of the unique healing effects of Phototherapy provided at Georgian Dental include:
- Increased cell metabolism
- Improved localized blood circulation
- Development of collagen and muscle tissue
- Relief from acute and chronic pain
- Reduced localized inflammation and edema
- Stimulation of the immune system
- Stimulation of nerve function
Georgian Dental utilizes phototherapy to increase implant osseointegration (implant stabilization in bone) and speed up orthodontic therapy (this means straighter teeth, faster). Recovery from surgeries provided at Georgian Dental such as wisdom teeth extraction and Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation is improved as well. Certain cases of numbness caused by nerve damage from dental surgery can be effectively reversed.
Conditions That Can Benefit from Phototherapy Treatment
Research demonstrates that phototherapy can be used to effectively treat many conditions. Simulating the body’s natural repair processes using the healing nature of light has been proven particularly effective for certain conditions including:
- Chronic Pain and Acute Pain reduction
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Arthritis – Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis and Bursitis
- Inflammation conditions
- Post surgical healing of scars, incision site and pain, swelling, bruising
- Strains of muscle, muscle and tendon tears, Ligaments
- Sprains of ankle and other places
- Sports medicine for injury of athletes
- Bone fractures
- Foot Pain, foot swelling, foot bone fractures – Podiatry
- Plantar Fasciitis – foot, heel Spurs, Achilles tendonitis
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer healing
- Muscle Spasms or tension
- Fibromyalgia and Neuralgia
- Orthopedic Implants
- Decreased circulation of lower limbs
- Facial Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Herpes Simplex and Herpes Zoster (Shingles)
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome – Hand
- Whiplash Neck Injuries
- Migraine Headaches
- TMJ of Jaw – Temporo Mandibular Joint Dysfunction
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Spinal Disc Herniation
- Compression Fractures
- Post Operative Knee and Hip Rehabilitation
- Ankle Sprains
- Cosmetic facial Contouring, Scars and Keloid repair
Georgian Dental patients have been enjoying rapid, drug free relief from oral ulcer, often times with just a single phototherapy treatment. Our most dramatic case involved a male patient with late stage prodromal symptoms that would soon ulcerate. He was treated with focused low level laser therapy at the early ulcerating site for a prescribed time/energy does. The symptoms resolved by the time his dental hygiene appointment was complete… and his cold sores never again came back at the treatment site!
If you think you can benefit from our Phototherapy philosophy as an instrument for whole body health that minimizes or eliminates the use of drugs and medications, give Georgian Dental a call. In Orillia, call 705.325-1765. Call our Barrie location at 705-739-6725 today!